Centre/SIS is an ongoing product of our constant effort to improve, our need to innovate, and our desire to share with schools and the academic community. Centre/SIS has been designed to address the most important needs of school administrators, teachers, support staff, parents, students, and clerical personnel. Centre/SIS also adds many modules & components not typically found in student information systems.
Consider the following:
- Student screens that include all the critical information necessary for reports from your student information system and decision-making can be accessed with a point and click. Any information important to your school or district can be collected with custom fields that can be setup by district administration. Students can be searched for based on custom information and reports can be run on students with certain custom information.
- Students can be searched by not only gender, ethnicity, grade level, etc., but also by their schedule, activities, absences, eligibility, grades, GPA, and class rank, where appropriate.
- Form letters can also be printed based on the same search criteria and custom fields. Additionally, mailing labels can be printed on the top of each letter. These mailing labels appear convieniently in the window of a windowed envelope when the letter is folded into thirds. Mailing labels can also be printed on any other printed reports such as report cards, schedules, and progress reports.
- Employee screens from Centre/SIS student information system that not only provide quick access to demographic information, but also assign email addresses, admittance to the system, passwords, and more.
- A comprehensive gradebook that allows teachers to establish grade ranges, weight assignments, track assignments, and issue quarterly and semester grades as well as progress reports. Report card and transcripts are also available. Furthermore, report cards and transcripts can be configured to display grades for any or all of your school’s marking periods – on the fly.
- Attendance can be taken electronically by teachers and submitted to the office instantly. Also, office staff can modify attendance reports based on information not available at the time roll was taken. The student information systemattendance component further provides report capabilities to identify average daily attendance, to provide daily attendance summaries, and to track attendance each day.
- Middle grade and high school educators will appreciate the eligibility feature of Centre/SIS student information system. No longer will paper or spreadsheets have to be used to report what students are eligible for athletic or academic activities; instead, the grade book will determine electronically if a student is passing or not. The teacher then merely verifies the information and sends it through the system.
- Schedule in Centre/SIS student information system allows the scheduling of entire classes or groups as well as the scheduling of a single student. Revisions to a student’s schedule can be performed quickly. Scheduling based on a student’s requests is extremely efficient. Running the scheduler on an entire high school takes minutes instead of hours. So, the scheduler can be run several times a day – allowing you to scheduler more thoroughly. Also, each time you save a student’s requests, the scheduler is run under test mode for the student – allowing you to resolve conflicts as you have the student in front of you.
- Courses can be added easily to include weights, instructional assignments, and periods. As well, you can determine if each course requires attendance, affects the honor roll and class rank, and/or has any restrictions. Of course, scheduling reports can be generated through this application also.
- A school set-up screen is used to establish marking periods, the grade levels in the building, and the number of periods scheduled each day. School demographic information (e.g., name, address, phone numbers, etc.) is entered on this same screen. Your schools can have any number of marking periods in three tiers. For instance, a school could use the conventional two semesters, four quarters, four progress periods model, or a school could establish its only system of marking periods with 3 semesters, 18 quarters, and 36 progress periods. Everything is completely customizable.
- Parents and students can login to view student demographic information, grades, attendance, assignment due dates, the school calendar, and other information.
You will find Centre/SIS a full-featured student information system that facilitates your decision-making, provides data necessary for reports to the federal or state governments as well as local boards, and affords convenient access to all stakeholders in your building or district. And, because it is web-based, the system can be used from any computer that has an Internet connection.